Whether you just bought a brand-new toy or you've had one for years, it's essential to have your boat insured. If not, you could find yourself paying a lot of cash out of pocket to cover damage or losses — regardless of the situation.
With boat insurance, you can have peace of mind that your boat — and the people in it — are protected.
Below, we'll talk about what boat insurance covers, why you need it, and why Ptarmigan Insurance Agency is a great boat insurance policy agency.
What does boat insurance cover?
Depending on your policy, boat insurance can cover a wide range of things. Here are the most common:
- Collision damage: Perhaps the most popular form of boat insurance is collision damage coverage. With this coverage, your insurance agency will help cover the costs associated with damage done to your boat during a collision. Be sure to talk about your insurance provider about what kind of collision your policy covers.
- Property damage: In the case of property damage done by your boat, this part of the policy can help cover costs. This could be anything from damaging a dock to damaging another boater's vessel.
- Comprehensive coverage: This kind of boat insurance keeps you from paying out of pocket to fix damages done to your boat that you didn't cause, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Bodily injury: To have the peace of mind that your family and friends are protected on board, you'll likely want to opt for bodily injury coverage. This type of coverage keeps you from paying out of pocket for medical bills associated with injuries due to a boating accident. It would also cover people on other boats that were hurt because of an accident you caused.
Why get a boat insurance policy?
If you're on the fence about whether or not to get a boat insurance policy, consider the reasons that you should opt for boaters insurance:
- It protects you and your family. If you want to ensure that your family is protected in case of a boating accident, boating insurance is necessary.
- You'll save money on costly repairs: Boats are expensive, and so are repairs. If you want to avoid paying out of pocket for damages, you should opt for boat insurance.
- Liability is required in almost every state: Even if you don't want to opt for collision coverage or comprehensive coverage, be sure to check your state's requirements for liability insurance. Most states require it.
Are you shopping for boat insurance? Ptarmigan Insurance Agency can help
If you're looking for a boat insurance policy, Ptarmigan Insurance Agency can help. We've provided countless customers with boat insurance policies that give them the peace of mind they need to cruise around on any body of water.
If you'd like to learn more about our insurance policies, feel free to give us a call at 406-857-7777 to speak with a representative about your policy needs! We can't wait to hear from you!